CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Naomi's first day on the slopes of '08-'09
















I deserve a plaque, I think...
I decided to take the kids skiing on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. It was Jonah's second day on the slopes this year, but Naomi's first.
She fought me from the beginning...
It took Jonah and I an hour to coax her into getting dressed in her ski gear. She wanted to run around in her diaper for half an hour until she wanted to put her thermals on. Jonah kept asking her if she wanted to see Papa at work. She would respond with a 'Yes' but continued to rebel.
After finally getting her dressed and in the car, we made our way up to Snowbird. Once we were parked, I had high hopes that she would want to walk in the snow up to the Center. Yeah, right... I think she thought I needed my exercise that day. I had to carry her all the way uphill.
When we made it to E's office, we got the kids sized up in their skis and boots. It was hard enough for me to get her snowboots on, let alone ski boots. I knew this was gonna be a tough one. Surprisingly, it took only a couple of tries to get her to put her ski boots on... only to have Ethan take them off during lunch.
I thought for sure things would go smoother once we'd all eaten and had full stomachs. Yeah, right...
Once we got out on the snow, Naomi's favorite word was NO. She wanted to take her goggles off... and then back on. She took her mittens off... and then back on. She kept wanting to take her ski pants off... and then back on. All the while Jonah just wanted to get on the ski lift. Luckily, Ethan was able to come out and help me for a bit. He took a few runs with Jonah while I continued to get Naomi on her skis. No luck for me. So I took a couple of runs with Jonah while Ethan took his turn. The most he got was putting her skis on and snapping a pic.

We tried.

0 comments: